Thursday, March 14, 2013

NOLA, Y'all.

I am the most sporadic blogger ever. But it's my blog and I'll blog what (and when) I want to, right? Right.

Spring Break is here. Technically I have had the longest break in the world because I was in the hospital for ten days, made it back to school on a Friday, and then break started that weekend. The hospital was scary (I have blood clots in my lungs...woah.) but I am so glad they figured it out and have me on some good medication and regular doctor's visits now. I never want to miss 10 days of school again. Ever.

Tuesday my mom and I went to New Orleans for a much needed break. We don't go on trips very often, and walking around a big city, doing some shopping, and eating some good food was just what we needed.

I went to this place, where I got the first and most wonderful Chai Latte I have ever had. I might be addicted now.

I may have splurged just a little at Urban Outfitters, but we don't have one in Jackson and I got almost everything on sale. Plus. They are cat shoes. And a cat shirt. I couldn't say no to that.

We ate dinner at Felix's, our favorite place in New Orleans. Normally I say to heck with it and get fried oysters or catfish, but I can't really have fried food now (I did eat the sweet potato fries...) so we both got grilled shrimp for a change and it was AMAZING. I might love it more than fried oysters, and that says a lot!

Maybe I am weird, but I love staying in hotels. It was a lovely stay at the St. James. I slept like a baby and the bed was like a cloud. I didn't want to leave! Checkout was a depressing time.

Wednesday morning we had brunch at The Ruby Slipper, which was right down the road from our hotel on Magazine Street. This may have been my favorite meal of the whole trip. I got a Spanish omelette that had an amazing sauce and perfect sausage. My mom got a strawberry and blackberry pancake and it was also delicious! I'll be going back here next time I'm in New Orleans.

We rounded out the trip with Cafe du Monde beignets and coffee. You can't go to New Orleans and not go there, and that's a fact.

The rest of Spring Break, unfortunately, consists of trying to catch up on all the work I missed and everything that is due in the next couple of weeks. I have a doctor's appointment for my lungs in the morning and then I'll be lesson planning all day. Sunday I have brunch plans and a wedding to go to, and Sunday after church will be more studying and planning. Back to reality, I guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! Feel free to leave a link to your blog - I love reading about other people's blogs just as much as I love writing mine!